The Cabinet approved a draft Act for Repealing of Unnecessary and Duplicated Laws B.E. …. (“Draft Act”) as proposed by the Council of State. The Draft Act will be submitted to the Coordinating Committee of the House of Representatives for further proceedings. The Cabinet also assigned the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment and the Ministry of Interior to accept recommendation of the Urgent Law Reform Committee in regard to considering the Wild Elephant Protection Act B.E. 2464 and its 2nd amendment B.E. 2503 to be repealed.
Key objective of the Draft Act is to repeal the laws which have no longer been necessary and inconsistent with the present circumstances or duplicated with the more recently enacted laws. The laws which will be repealed under this Draft Act are as follows:
- Training and Disciplining Certain Types of Child Act B.E. 2479, and Training and Disciplining Certain Types of Child Act (No. 2) B.E. 2501
- Emergency Decree on Controlling and Administrative Operating of Gold Mining B.E. 2483;
- Electric Power Promotion Act B.E. 2484;
- Procedures Against Person Disseminating News Threatening Alliance Between Thailand and its Amity during State of War Act B.E. 2488;
- Procedures Restraining Exorbitant Price on Trading with Government B.E. 2491; and
- Optical Disc Production Act B.E. 2548.