Long Term Resident Visa (LTR Visa)
- Categorizing to be under the tourist visa
- Aiming to attract foreigners with capacity of wealth and talent to contribute and generate income to Thailand’s domestic market and support the local economic growth subject to the relevant regulations.
- Targeting size of the LTR visa is about 1 million of wealthy or talented foreigners who aim to get resident in the kingdom for the next 5 years.
- Revocation of the LTR visa can be due to incompliance to the Ministry of Interior’s announcement and unable to meet with the qualifications as prescribed.
|Wealthy global citizens||1. Owning at least 1 million USD assets globally; or|
2. Having at least 80,000 USD income for 2 years continuously; or at least 500,000 USD investment in assets in Thailand
|Wealthy retirees||1. Owning at least 80,000 USD assets globally; or in case of owning assets between 40,000 – 80,000 USD, they must invest in Thai property for at least 250,000 USD; or|
2. Having 50 years older with annual pension or stable income
|Work-from Thailand professional||1. Owning assets between 40,000 – 80,000 USD for 2 years continuously; or having at least master’s degree or owning intellectual property or receiving a series of funding; or|
2. Working for a SET-listed corporation or business operates for at least 3 years with total revenue of 150 million USD in the last 3 years; or
3. Having at least 5 years of experience in the specified fields over the past 10 years.
|Highly skilled professional||1. Highly skilled professional holding of assets between USD 40,000 – 80,000 for 2 years continuously; or having at least a master’s degree in science and technology or having special expertise relevant to the job assignment in Thailand; or|
2. No work experience required for PhD degree in the relevant fields of the targeted industries; or
3. Working in the business in any targeted industries with at least 5 years of experience
|Highly skilled professional working with government agencies||1. No minimum personal income; or|
2. No work experience required; or
3. Employing with higher educational institution, research institution, specialised training institution or Thai government agencies
|Dependants||Spouse and children under 20 years old of LTR visa holder (maximum of 4 dependents in total per one LTR visa holder)|
Key privileges for LTR visa holders
- 10 years renewable visa.
- Fast track service at international airports in Thailand
- 90 days report extending to 1 year report and exemption of re-entry permit
- Permission to work in Thailand (digital work permit)
- Immigration and work permit facilitation service at one stop service center for visa and work permit
Board of Investment, Immigration Bureau and Ministry of Labour.