Certified Courses and Training Program for DPO and Registered Instructor
The Office of the Personal Data Protection Committee (“Office”) has launched an Announcement of the Office of the Personal Data Protection Committee (“Committee”) Re: Criteria for Certified Courses and Training Programs for the Data Protection Officer and Registered Instructor (“Announcement”) and its guidelines on 8 August 2023 in order to provide knowledge and understanding in both legal terms and practical proceedings, for the Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) and those who are registered instructors and training agencies in order comply with the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019) (“PDPA“).
This Announcement sets guidelines for 2 main matters with the details as follows:
1.Certified courses and training programs
Agencies or institutions that would like the Office to certify their courses and training programs must apply for the same via an official email at firstname.lastname@example.org. After consideration, the Committee will deliver its opinion to the Secretary-General of the Personal Data Protection Committee (“Secretary-General”) for its final consideration. Those who have been certified will be published to the public.
While the agencies or institutions are registered per item 1, any person who would like to register himself/herself to be a registered instructor can apply for the same via email at email@example.com. If the applicant’s qualifications meet the requirements, the applicant must attend the seminar and take some exams organized by the Office. After that, the registration process will be completed, and his/her name will be announced to the public. The registration will be valid for one year and will need to be renewed by attending further seminars.
This Announcement has been effective as of the date of publication. Currently, there is no civil liability, administrative liability, or criminal penalty applied to the agencies or institutions in case of non-compliance with the PDPA and its guidelines. The Office aims to encourage the agencies or institutions to attend the training programs to understand the provisions of PDPA and then they can distribute their knowledge to the DPO.
- Thailand Takes a Step Towards Marriage Equality: A Closer Look at the Amendment of the Civil and Commercial Code
- Subordinate Legislations under the Foreigners Work Management Emergency Decree
- A Proposal for the Reform of the Foreigners’ Working Management Emergency Decree B.E. 2561: Enhancing Labor Management in Thailand
- Proposal for the Repeal of the Act Governing Offenses Arising from the Use of Cheques B.E. 2534 (1991) : Promoting Fairness and Responsibility
- Enhancing Rights and Welfare: The Freelance Promotion and Protection Bill
- Thailand – New Government with its Executive and Legislative Policies to Promote Foreign Direct Investment