Currently, company registration can be done via 2 channels, one being the normal regime (physically submitting applications at the Department of Business Development (“DBD”)) and the other through the online system, DBD e-Registration. As people may not be familiar with the online registration system yet, this memo is then intended to give you a summary of steps for online company registration, and a summarized differences between the 2 channels of company registration.
Steps for Company Incorporation via e-Registration System shall be as follows:
- Name Reservation: Any of the promoters may reserve the company name on DBD’s website in which English and Thai names are required.
- Username and Account Creation:
- Account creation can be done via DBD e-Registration’s website.
- After accepting the terms and conditions, the system would proceed to the authentication and verification page. Fill in, submit the necessary information, and complete the authentication and verification process.
- Authentication and Verification Process: Users’ authentication and verification can be done by either of the following methods:
- Self-authenticating with the officials at DBD;
- Giving power to other person to submit authentication on behalf of the user; or
- Using personal certificates (a document certifying identity of an individual for the purposes of digital signature, encryption, and decryption) instead of self-authenticating with the officials.
- Once the authentication and verification process is completed, an activation link will be provided to the user’s email. Click the link to activate the user.
- Memorandum of Association Registration and Company Incorporation: Registration of Memorandum of Association (“MoA”) can be done via the e-Registration system, by filling in the necessary information and attaching relevant documents (e.g. picture file of the company’s seal, minutes of company incorporation meeting, map, etc.)
- Documents Status Tracking: The status of documents review can be tracked through the online system.
- Once the application has been approved, the applicant will be notified by email, and promoters can proceed with the application signing.
- The applications can be electronically signed using the e-Signature portal. Each promoter shall log-in with their own account and e-sign the document by clicking and confirming with an OTP passcode.
- Documents Confirmation and Fees Payment:
- The application that has been signed by the promoters shall appear for confirmation.
- Once the application is confirmed, the applicant can proceed to the fees payment page.
- The applicant can either pay the fees through transfer, debit or credit card.
- Once the payment is completed, the proof of registration (i.e. company affidavit) will be available for download as a PDF file.
|1. Registration Fee||The normal regime registration shall be of the normal registration rate, which is: Totaling: Baht 5,500 |
Remark: The fee for amendment of MOA is Baht 500
|Generally, the fee for online registration is the same as physical registration. However, there is a Ministry of Commerce (“MoC”)’s Notification providing discounts on the registration fee for a certain period. |
From January 1st, 2021, until December 31st, 2023, the online registration fee for company registration is discounted by 50%, totaling Baht 2,750
Remark: The fee for amendment of MOA is also discounted, totaling Baht 250
|2. Timeline||Registration and incorporation can be completed in 1 day||2-5 Working days, depending on the number of other applications submitted at the time|
|3. Queuing||Applicants can either:|
– Walk-in; or
– Reserve physical queue through MoC’s website
Remark: In case of walk-in, the process of registration may not be done in 1 day
|No queuing is required for e-Registration|
|4. Amendment of Company Registration Applications||In the event that there is a typo or mistake on the submitted applications, the said applications shall either be replaced with a new form, or amended and signed by the promoters||The amendment of applications can be done through the e-Registration system itself, which is easier and faster than the normal regime|
In summary, the e-Registration system is intended to aid businesses’ incorporation process, including negating the necessity of back-and-forth documents signing process, revision of applications, and others. Moreover, the fee for company incorporation via the e-Registration system is discounted. Should you have any questions, or require our assistance, feel free to contact us.
- Compliance with Takedown Notice Practices in Thailand
- USTR Annual Review on Thailand Intellectual Property Protection 2023
- Why Businesses Should Choose Rehabilitation
- Trade Competition Commission Draft Announcement on Suggested Price List
- Proposed Rehabilitation Processes for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Registration and Renewal of Pharmacopeia: Ensuring Quality, Effectiveness, and Safety